The coldest January for 30 years and the longest the course has been closed in recent memory. Not the best start to 2010, but we are now getting back on track.
January is always a busy period behind the scenes at TPGC and we have been busy creating a fixture list and handing out prizes for the 2009 winners. Do check the board to see if there is any outstanding vouchers or magic two's money to be collected.
Some key dates for your diary this year are;
- Dave McGibbon Trophy – April 2nd
- England v Ireland v ROW – May 2nd
- Drummond, Club Championship – June 19th
- Joint Captain's Day – July 4th
- Presidents Day – September 12th
- Presentation Night – November 20th
Please ensure that you renew as quickly as you can to ensure full playing rights in the 2010 season. You can pay in a variety of ways;
- By post via cheque made payable to ‘Trent Park Members’ posted to ‘Membership 2010’, Trent Park Golf Club, Bramley Road. Southgate, London, N14 4UW’.
- In person by cheque or cash (no credit cards) at the Pro Shop payable into the competitions box with a brown envelope
- By cash or cheque on Monday evenings between 18:00 – 20:00 to a member of the committee. The committee members are listed on this website.
Also we plan to enter teams into Interclub tournaments and will be looking for players to represent TPGC in both away and home matches. Please help us by letting us know if you are keen to play in external competitions and represent our club. My contact details are below.
We plan to trial a new communication tool in 2010 and to ensure we have accurate contact details hope you can fill out the enclosed form and place it into the competition box next time you visit. We will use the SMS system to remind you of key dates and competition entries direct to your mobile phone. This complements the website and notice board which are always up-to-date.
6 Card Rule
This year a 6-card-rule for major competitions (Knockouts and Stroke play) will be in-place to encourage both home and away members to play throughout the year and to ensure a level of fairness for those who play regularly at the club. Look out for a six sided star * marked in the fixture book for more information. Dedicated prizes for newly joined members are planned at key events this year for those players who haven't had a chance to reach the 6 card total.
And finally the new fixture book is available and if you have renewed your membership your copy will be posted to you shortly.