Serving its members since 1974
Please download our latest TPGC Newsletter No:6.pdf with some important competition procedure information.
or if you prefer or don't have acrobat, you can read our newsletter below.
TPGC Newsletter #6
Good news - our weekend competitions are back starting Saturday 11th July. Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions in place we have had to change the way we run our competitions and attached at the end of this newsletter are our amended procedures.
We had decided to revamp our competition calendar before the lockdown to make all our competitions more attractive to members and you will notice that there is no longer a Captain’s Cup during the summer period.
We will review for the winter 2020/2021. Instead, we have expanded the Tankard competition, which will give enhanced prizes to overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and we will run a Matchplay Singles League - look out for the announcement about that.
The full competition calendar for July, August and September can be found on the club website under Fixtures: 11th July to 27th September
The July competitions are as follows:
11th July Tankard
12th July Tankard
18th July Stableford
19th July Stableford
25th July Tankard
26th July Tankard
Finally, another reminder if you haven’t already renewed your membership it is now due Pro-rata annual membership for June 2020 through March 2021 of Trent Park Golf Club Members (our account name) is £65 and should be paid electronically via BACS: NATWEST 51-50-00 a/c no: 92831672 (use your name as the reference please.)
Should you have difficulty with this method, please contact Ian Rickard directly on 07760241579 or via email@example.com to discuss.
COMPETITION PROCEDURES (As amended for Coronavirus) – TRENT PARK GOLF CLUB MEMBERS FOR COMPETITIONS FROM SATURDAY 11 JULY 2020
These procedures are in place at Trent Park Golf Course for TPGC Members competitions until advised otherwise.
Trent Park Golf Club Members Competitions
Competitions are able to re-commence from and including Saturday 11 July.
- We are NOT currently able to access the Green Fees Office.
- IF you wish to enter a weekend competition, please ensure that before you have teed off on that day that you have advised the “Trent Park GC WhatsApp Group” of your intention to enter.
Please provide your name, date of competition you are entering and the competition format (i.e. Medal, Stableford, Tankard) that you are entering.
IF you do not have access to WhatsApp you may advise by text EITHER Crispin Roche (07525 248724) OR Ian Rickard (07760 241579) so that your entry may be recorded and a scorecard expected to be submitted (see “After the Round”).
- Competition Fees – IF you have entered a weekend competition AND you see Crispin or Ian or Vince Finnegan over that weekend at the course you may pay them the usual competition fee. If you do not see any of them, the fee due will be accrued and we will arrange collection with members going forward.
During the Round
- Players should continue to NOT exchange cards. Players should complete their own scorecards.
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores when entering competitions. However, player/marker should verbally certify scores and the player should print the markers name on his card prior to submission (but see below – “After the Round”).
After the Round
- Social distancing remains as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is over golfers should leave the course/facilities at their earliest.
- If you have entered a competition, please do not return the card to the Green Fees Office. Please take a picture of the card and send it by WhatsApp to Crispin (07525 248724). Please keep the card should any question/query arise.
Play Safe, Stay Safe
Add a Comment